Re: [RFC] Optionally using git repositories instead of the lookaside cache

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 4:34 PM Jeremy Cline <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We actually are. I assume you're asking about why we're not using
> packit. We're not on GitHub so the service isn't (as far as I can tell)
> useful to us. There's huge piles of existing bash scripts and makefiles
> that achieve about what I think packit-the-cli would give us so it
> would be some amount of work with no obvious benefit to move at the
> moment. Generally speaking, though, I'm not against the idea.

When we started packit, we played with the scripts and makefiles in
your kernel repo and I hope it's not too bold of me to say that it
shouldn't be that hard to integrate the two now.

I'm assuming you're using pagure.io - at this point, we're not going
to integrate packit with pagure (for obvious reasons). What are your
future plans for the git forge?

The benefits would be that you'd get all the features of packit which
we have right now and those we implement in future.

Tomas