Re: proposal: move pagure01 and pagure-stg01 to rdu2

On 7/9/19 1:52 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 3:57 PM Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I'd like to propose we migrate pagure01 (which is pagure.io) and
>> pagure-stg01 (pagure-stg.io) from osuosl to the community cage in rdu2.
>>

> What is "community cage in rdu2"? What is "rdu2"? Where is it?

It's at a facility in Raleigh North carolina.

We have some stuff in a small networking space (rdu1) and rdu2 (which is
also the space CentOS has some gear at and ceph and other community
projects. It's sometimes known as the 'community cage'.

> Why would we be moving things out of phx2? We're not losing resources
> in the dc, are we?

There is no concrete plan I can speak of, but there have been ongoing
talks about moving out of there for the last 5 years. I think RDU is a
better place for pagure at this point.

> If we want to do this, we should make that announcement ASAP.

Yeah, we could also push it off to next weekend.

> Is there a way we could do this without taking down the whole system
> for a long period of time? I expect it'd take a while to migrate...

Not without redeploying and syncing just part of the data we need.

I can test and get better numbers with pagure-stg01.

kevin