Re: Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Joey Engel

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 05:38, Joey Engel <striker328@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My name is Joey, and I'm excited to contribute to the Fedora Project.  I'm located in Ohio (UTC -5) and my irc handle is armnhmr.
>
> I recently obtained my RHCSA, and will graduate with a BS in IT this Spring.  I'm very interested in systems administration, and have some experience with networking, virtualization, bash, and python.  I'm reading through the System Administrator guide and open tickets to see where I can help out.

Hi and welcome, sorry for the late reply

Thanks for your interest into contributing, since you seems really
interested in the sysdamin side of the world :-) a good way to start
is by
joining the following IRC channels on the freenode network
#fedora-admin. Please feel free to ask questions there that's the best
way to get more knowledge :).

You can also ask there to join the apprentice group that gives you
limited access to some of our infrastructure machine, you can also
have a look at our ansible repository
https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git.

Also we have a weekly meeting
(https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/infrastructure/)  on IRC
which is opportunity to introduce yourself and also good way to keep
with what is going on currently in the Infrastructure.