Re: MirrorManager changes - report_mirror

AR> The problem is that people are reporting different things than they
AR> have.

Well quick-fedora-mirror shouldn't be doing that, since it checks in
what it mirrors as part of a run.  Though I suppose you could
incorrectly set the host it reports as.

AR> This has nothing to do with report_mirror or quick-fedora-mirror.

Well it does considering that you would then be ignoring the data those
things provide (which does take some effort to produce).

AR> Everything the crawler has.

Which is less than what quick-fedora-mirror (or report_mirror) have
access to, and it's also less timely.  And then there's the difficulty
in getting that data out of a mirror that only provides http.  I'd think
checkins would be the preferred way and the crawler would be a backup
check that the mirror is configured correctly.

Anyway, my point is that if the data are insufficient then it's possible
to fix that.  If q-f-m checkins are generally less broken than
report_mirror checkins, then we can make it easy to identify them.  But
sure, if the data simply aren't useful at all, then there is no point in
sending them.

 - J<