Re: Fedora and PDC, road forward

> I'm a little worried about Django. True, we have to maintain a version
> for mailman3, but it's rhel7/python3. Is this new app going to use that?

Actually, HyperKitty and Postorius are using Django on Python 2.7. The
Django version is 1.8 and it's pretty old now.
I would recommend against starting a new app on Python 2 today and it
does not look like we have a Python 3 package of Django in EPEL yet.

> Alternately if we use Fedora, we need to adjust to new Django versions
> pretty often (one problem we already hit with PDC).

Would it make sense to run it in OpenShift? I'd think so. Then we
could build it with whichever version works, right?

> Since this is just a simple api, could we do something more simple?

The thing is that the Django REST Framework library is really
wonderful and there is no Flask equivalent that I know of. It would
save us handling of a lot of corner cases, and it has built-in tools
for versionning the API and thus preserving API compatibility.
Authentication is also very flexible, etc. It's nice.

That said, nothing impossible to do in Flask, just longer and possibly
more error-prone.

Aurélien