Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Dakota Eurell

Hello everyone!

I am Dakota Eurell, a Computer Science student in the United States
(UTC-04:00, or EDT). On IRC, you will find me by my handle of 'akrylo'.

I am a very security and privacy oriented individual, which I believe
to be a large influence in the decision making involved in my work. My
skills are largely System Administrator based; meaning I have a strong
basis in the command-line and scripting.

As far as development skills go, I am definitely still green in a lot
of areas. Despite this, I have skills in Bash scripting, Python, and
C/C++. I also have minor skills with SQL, although I definitely have a
lot to learn.

I don't have any certifications, although very soon I plan on pursuing
the RHCSA. In the coming months, I will be interning at a large company
where I will be implementing an incidence response system. In addition
to this, I expect that I will gain a lot of networking fundamentals. I
hope the skills I obtain from this work will help me with any tasks I
have with Fedora's development.

I have been using Linux for around three years, beginning with Arch
before transitioning to Debian about half a year later. About a year
ago I began heavily using Fedora. Fedora's commitment to blazing a path
for Linux and working heavily with upstream have inspired me to help
the world of Linux be fully realized. In addition to these points, I
have seen almost nothing but good things coming from those within the
Fedora community. I strongly believe that Fedora would be a good home
for myself and my future.

Since my schedule changes so rapidly, I cannot give a concrete amount
of time I will be capable of contributing to Fedora, but I would say my
range is 10-40 hours per week, averaging around 20 hours. I do not
expect there to be any weeks in which I will be fully unable to
contribute (barring emergencies and vacations).

I am interested helping with all of the tasks that the Infrastructure
Team tackles, although I would certainly say that implementing 'fault-
tolerant systems' and the creation and maintaining of tools to automate
maintenence are my strongest passion. My overall goal is to make Fedora
easier to maintain and expand. To this end, all of my work would have
security, modularity, and expansion in mind. This of course assumes
that the tasks I am involved with have these goals in mind. While I
like to attempt to innovate, I definitely understand the necessity to
not add unnecessary complications to the process.

As far as specific issues I have in mind to tackle: the 'easyfix'
issues on pagure are all tasks I would like to help with, although I
would certainly need direction in order to help.

Thank you to all who have read this introduction; I hope to be a
valuable asset to the Infrastructure Team in the near future.

- Dakota