Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Travis Newton

Hello everyone!

I've been working as a network admin in the financial industry. I've been
in the Red Hat family of distros ever since I discovered Linux (introduced
to Fedora Core 2 back in 2004). I've always been comfortable with Fedora
and wanted to volunteer and give back to the distro that taught me so
much.

I was a DevOps Engineer in a full CentOS environment which helped me learn
a little bit of Bash, HAProxy, Varnish, RabbitMQ, and a few other tools. I
also have a couple of dedicated servers that I manage and learn off of to
better myself as a Linux admin. All of my professional background has been
with Microsoft products, but I've been bit by the open source bug. I'm
hoping to learn as much as I can about better ways to do things and larger
infrastructures like Fedora such as HA, build systems, and more. I'm just
an information sponge. I have a home lab so I'm really looking towards
sharpening my skills.

On my todo list are a few items like learning Python and C++ and expanding
my networking skills.

My IRC handle is greyaxe90 and look forward with chatting and learning
with everyone!

Travis