Re: Deploying Hubs to our Openshift instance

On 02/15/2018 08:11 AM, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Hey folks!
>
> I would like to try and do the Fedora Hubs deployment in our Openshift
> instance.
> The thing is, I have never deployed anything in Openshift, much less using
> our ansible playbooks.
>
> Do you know of a documentation I could read up on to understand what our
> `openshift/project`, `openshift/secret-file` and `openshift/*` roles work,
> and how I could use them?
> I'm trying to read the playbooks for the apps we already have in openshift,
> but there's too much magic going on for me.
>
> Any introduction document would help. I did try to read the F docs, but did
> not find anything in the SOPs or on the wiki.

Yeah, docs aren't too great currently.

The hope is that we will have our new cloud up soon and a dev openshift
on it and we can let folks play with things there and get things mostly
setup, then take those templates and tweak them a little to get a
staging instance, etc.

Since deploying hubs is time sensitive, perhaps we should just initially
do a staging on a normal vm and look at openshift down the road? Or do
you think it would be a lot better to just do the openshift deploy now?

kevin