Re: Adding Dusty Access/Membership to Releng/Infra

On 11/29/2017 11:41 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 02:35:13PM -0500, Dusty Mabe wrote:
>> ask for root access. Patrick explained to me that "you're asking for root
>> access", so yes then I said: "sure I guess i'm asking for root access".
>> You voiced concern. To curb that I suggested sudo rules for those things
>> I asked for in the original email.
>
> Some of the things (like restarting composes) will hopefully be solved
> in the F28 timeline by the releng automation stuff we've asked to be
> prioritized.

Right.

So, this is a long thread already, but I haven't chimed in yet, so I
guess I will here.

I agree with Patrick for the most part, but it might be good to try and
see if we automate away or make somehow easier some of these pain points
rather than just adding another person to work on them.

I agree sudo rules could restrict things, but sometimes figuring out
those rules is not at all easy, and if you can do that, you often can
script things.

How about we grant those parts of this that were fine with Patrick (and
myself) and then see if we can more closely figure out how to fix the
rest of them or decide they can't be easily fixed and see what we can
do. Perhaps a meeting with Dusty and other folks involved sometime to
discuss them one at a time? (Although I am not sure when that would best
be... I guess in the new year).

kevin