Re: Proposal: updated pyOpenSSL in the epel7-infra repository

On 09/20/2017 01:33 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Could we build the new pyOpenSSL/cryptography for epel7, but as python3
> only? (so it doesn't override the base rhel one)?

We could do that. The only downsides I can really think of is it's
surprising to have different versions of the same library on Python 2 vs
Python 3, but since this is in our own repository I don't think that's a
big deal.

> I guess I'd be ok doing this (we are kind of in a bad place, so none of
> the choices are great), but we should get at least 3-4 of us to watch
> commits on the fedora pyOpenSSL and cryptography to make sure we see
> issues/bugs/updates as they happen?

Definitely, although fortunately pyOpenSSL is in maintenance mode and
should be reasonably quiet. I'm a maintainer on the Fedora pyOpenSSL
and cryptography, so as long as a couple more people keep an eye on
them we should be set.

--
Jeremy Cline
XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxx