Re: [FBR] Update the fedfind package in fedimg box

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Sayan Chowdhury
<sayan.chowdhury2012@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> This is the patch[1] that would be fixing the issue
>>>
>>> [1] https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/fedfind/c/c9e2f817e92615099095a440f38632cf63f79d18?branch=master
>>
>> And is that the only difference between what's on the server right now
>> vs what you would be putting in place?
>> During freezes, we try to make as small changes as possible.
>
> A simple update would bump the version of fedfind to 3.6.1 that would
> bring in a few more commits. So, I can either put in a hotfix for this
> patch or just upgrade to 3.6.0, so that this is the only patch
> applied.

Hint for next time is that it's useful to give the full set of patches
that would be applied with an FBR, since otherwise we can't actually
tell whether it's a good idea or not.

In this case, it would also be useful to record that fedimg01
currently has fedfind-0.5.3.

In this case, the changelog is:
$[puiterwijk@localhost fedfind (master u=)]$ git shortlog 3.5.3..3.6.1
Adam Williamson (9):
      Cope with CACHEDIR suddenly vanishing
      Update CHANGELOG for 3.5.4
      Release 3.5.4
      Add support for modular Rawhide and Branched nightlies
      Update changelog for 3.6.0
      Release 3.6.0
      Hardcode current release numbers, as pkgdb has gone away
      Update CHANGELOG for 3.6.1
      Release 3.6.1

In this specific case, I think the changes are small enough that I can
give a +1, especially since reverting would be simple.