Bodhi + Modules (not quite an FBR, just yet)

This came up in the FESCo meeting today.

https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/1795

In my last discussions with Randy, we were planning on merging,
releasing, and deploying the modular bodhi masher work after Beta
freeze thawed - but FESCo would rather see proof of it before freeze
is up.  This is reasonable.  We would've liked to have it before Beta,
but contiguous PTO schedules + Flock made that not possible.

Anyways, here we are.  I volunteered to take on trying to rebase the
modular masher patches from https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/pull/1697
and cutting a hotfix release of Bodhi.. and to exercise it very
carefully in staging.  I want to try upgrading it and downgrading it,
and making sure it won't interrupt the mainline mash if anything is
wrong with it.

I don't think I need an FBR for staging - this is more of a
pre-emptive request.  If all goes well with that staging
upgrade/downgrade, is the infra group OK with upgrading also in prod
before the freeze is up?

It's not a super small change.  What sort of checks would help raise
confidence?  What should I watch out for?  Can you help add items to
my TODO list in #1795?  (Feel free to edit the ticket there and just
add them.)

Yours-
-Ralph

p.s., for the ultimate prod upgrade, I'll send a separate email asking
      for approval after I've crossed off items on the list.
p.p.s., for the ultimate prod upgrade, I'll do it at night US+EU TZ
      which is when I expect usage will be slightly less.