Re: Duplicates in package owner alias cronjob?

On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 05:24:27PM -0000, Patrick  マルタインアンドレアス  Uiterwijk wrote:
> > I'm confused about something.  Can any postfix experts help debug?
> >
> > On Friday I put a new package-owner-alias cronjob in place on bastion
> > (that Matt Prahl wrote).  It generates the package owner list from
> > pagure over dist-git instead of generating it from pkgdb.
> >

> > https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/commit/?id=eb24...
> >
> > Kevin saw that the hourly cronjob is spitting out some errors from the
> > postfix command.
> >
> > However, when I inspect the file, I don't find any duplicates:
> >
> >     $ cat /etc/postfix/package-owner | awk ' { print $1 } ' | uniq -d
> >
> > Anybody know what's wrong with that file/output?
>
> The problem is not in the file/output. It's in the running of the script.
> If Pagure on Dist-Git takes too long to reply, or is down, haproxy returns an HTML page with "this app is offline".
>
> That is what's causing the failure:
> simplejson.scanner.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)
> error creating owner-alias file
>
> Given that the script asks Pagure to page through a lot of projects everytime, the chance of any one of those requests failing gets quite high.
> Thus, basically every run crashes some part through the run because a Pagure result took too long or was aborted by haproxy.

We're speaking about two different issues here:
1/ pagure returning 503 a certain number of time in a row making the entire
script crash
2/ these errors:
```
/etc/cron.hourly/package-owner-aliases.sh:

postalias: warning: /etc/postfix/package-owner.db: duplicate entry: "perl-mogilefs-server-owner"
postalias: warning: /etc/postfix/package-owner.db: duplicate entry: "simplyhtml-owner"
postalias: warning: /etc/postfix/package-owner.db: duplicate entry: "packagekit-qt-owner"
postalias: warning: /etc/postfix/package-owner.db: duplicate entry: "php-pimple-owner"
postalias: warning: /etc/postfix/package-owner.db: duplicate entry: "vlgothic-fonts-owner"
```

I believe these are the ones Ralph was referring to, not the former.

Pierre