Re: Fedora Infrastructure support for COPR

On 07/31/2017 01:16 AM, Michal Novotny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> COPR now operates with packages solely from official Fedora repositories.
> This was requested in https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/5166 as
> a condition to get the Fedora Infra support. I would like to ask for the
> support now as this condition is finally satisfied \o/.

Well, there's still one big issue left (which is hopefully going away
soon): The cloud itself isnt very supportable.
We are getting new hardware in soon (it's ordered and should be
installed in Aug) and are going to setup a new cloud on the latest
version with multiple controller nodes in a High available setup. Once
thats done and we move copr to it, we should be in a much better place. ;)

> Perhaps this could be reflected in:
> - the Service Level Expectations that are being prepared
> - removing the user message on COPR homepage
> - change of the domain back to fedoraproject.org (?)

We could do this, but we need to make sure everything is https and has a
valid cert. (But I think thats the case now anyhow?)

> - moving COPR to a platform where the support is actually possible

yeah, see above. ;)

We also talked about moving the frontend behind our normal proxies and
internal infra. I would think that should work fine, but the backend and
builders would still make more sense in cloud.

> I particularly like the idea of running COPR solely in OpenShift or in RHOSP
> 10+ with having builders as OpenShift pods but this is not really my
> decision.

I think thats pretty interesting for a longer term road map, but shorter
term we can just get the current setup on a better foundation.

> I am happy this is finally going somewhere.

Yeah!

kevin