Re: The future of pkgdb

[Using foo-owner@fp.o as the default owner for bugs]
KF> But also disadvantages of people liking to see a name they can point
KF> to about the package or know who is cc'ed on the bug.

For years I've wondered why we don't do that, honestly.  But I think it
might be weird that bugzilla separates the owner of a package from the
owner of a bug, and some of the interactions might be non-obvious.

When I take a bug, will the other maintainers still be notified?  Will
bugzilla send mail to foo-owner as well as CC'ing the maintainers, so
that everyone gets each message twice?

Will someone be able to log into bugzilla as foo-owner?

What happens to bugs marked as private?  If they're private to foo-owner
then how will the actual maintainers see them?

 - J<