Re: Interest in joining the group

On Mon, 2017-03-13 at 13:26 -0600, InvalidPath wrote:
> Afternoon everyone! So since I like to ramble, I'll try to be brief. I
> love Linux, and Fedora is my distro of choice.  I am also a SysAdmin,
> admittedly 2 decades worth of Windows and only 3 of
> CentOS/Ubuntu/Fedora.  I'm currently employed as a Linux sys admin
> however I want to learn more and I want to get give to the community
> and since I can't give funds I want to give my time and possibly
> experience :)
>
> More details: 40 year old dad of 4, professional geek currently living
> in Montana.  I work for Montana Interactive, a sub-company if you will
> of NIC, Inc. I support over 40 Linux servers in all the environments
> (prod, test and dev), we host and manage over 300 web services for the
> state of Montana government.
>

> In any case my goal in this email was an introduction of sorts, and to
> ask the group: Do you guys think I could be of any help?  I'm not
> proficient in developing (although I do want to learn some Python),
> and I have time but not huge amounts.  But I am passionate about FOSS
> and Fedora and Linux so I want to give what I can.

Absolutely. Anyone is welcome to help... there's all kinds of areas to
help with.

Do take a look at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

and I hope you can make our next meeting (thursday at 18UTC in #fedora-
meeting) and/or introduce yourself on #fedora-admin on irc.

There is also http://whatcanidoforfedora.org for all the other variousfedora groups...

kevin