Re: build kernel under Fedora - not work

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Cătălin George Feștilă
<catalinfest@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I try to build kernel linux today.
> I have this two web links to do that:

The infrastructure list isn't the right spot for this, the kernel list
is for that.

> 1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel
> # sudo dnf builddep kernel.spec
>
> not work
>
> 2. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel/Source_RPM
> $ $rpmdev-setuptree This command creates a new directory ~/rpmbuild,
> $ koji download-build --arch=src kernel-<version>
> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
>
> not work

This works for me just fine (and I do this a LOT)
"koji download-build --arch=src kernel-4.9.12-200.fc25"

> I don't want to make a old kernel linux instalation, because Fedora distro
> need to come with tools for that.

I don't even know what you mean by that statement. The kernel build
process does work just fine. You can also generally just use a kernel
from koji from a newer release on an older one generally with little
issue.