Re: Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Will Turnage

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 10:34:51 -0600
Will Turnage <wfturnage@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey everyone
>
> My name is Will Turnage and I'm located in the US, central time zone.
> I have around six years of UNIX/Linux system administration
> experience. I've mostly been in big shops where the sysadmin only
> does OS work, but I'm looking to learn more while sharing the
> knowledge I do have.
>
> The reason I would like to join is to improve my automation and python
> skills. I can offer at least 4 hours a week to start off with
> (hopefully it will be more).
>
> IRC handle : wfturnage
>
> Programming skills include python (intermediate) and bash.
>
> Sysadmin skills: cfengine 3, SaltStack, RHEL(4-7), nagios, BIND.
>
> Certifications: RHCE on 7, and VCP6-DCV
>
> Looking for an Easyfix to start off with and "#5154 Write SOP for
> whatcanidoforfedora.org " catches my eye. I'm not much of a writer but
> I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll start reading other SOPs to
> familiarize myself with the formatting.

Welcome! :)

Do stop by #fedora-admin on irc and we can get you added to the
apprentice group.

Note that our SOPs have recently moved, they are now at:

https://pagure.io/infra-docs/

So, you can submit a PR with the new SOP there and folks can discuss it
and help you add content to it. (Happy to help if PR and SOP are
alphabet soup. ;)

kevin