Re: Not able to contribute.

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 03:24:28 -0000
"Yisu Peng" <yisupeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I should write this earlier but I kept thinking how to say this. When
> I joined the infrastructure group I wanted to do some development
> contribution for the fedora project but soon I found that we are not
> doing development here.

Well, depends on what you mean by development. ;)

We do have a number of applications we develop (pagure, fedocal, etc).

> Then I thought maybe I can do something else
> to contribute and I learned something. However, I found there is too
> many different things to learn for me while I'm overwhelmed by a lot
> of things. I apologize if I let you down.

No need to appologize. Yes, there's tons of things to learn and
everything goes by very fast, sometimes making it pretty difficult.

It helps to try and focus... find some one thing that looks interesting
to you and try and learn about just that one thing, then move on to
others (or just keep working on that one thing! thats fine too!)

You may want to also talk to the join sig:

#fedora-join or
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/fedora-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

They specialize in trying to find places for new folks to contribute.

So, relax, no need for appology or stress. Just take a deep breath and
try and find a place where you will be happy to contribute with Fedora.
There are many. :)

kevin