Re: elfutils says thanks and goodbye fedorahosted

On Mon, 2017-01-02 at 10:19 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 16:30:48 +0100
> Mark Wielaard <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > - Is there is a proper way to mark the git repository as "closed"
> >   and redirect users to the new location?
>
> Different projects have done this differently:
>
> * commit a last commit that removes all the files and has a README
> * ask us to setup a http/https redirect so it just redirects to the new
>   location. (which of course won't apply to git)

For now I rather not add an extra commit so people have an easy way to
just move to the new location by just changing the origin and pulling
the new commits without any conflicts. But it might be good to do after
a couple of months once everybody really should have moved.

I'll file a ticket with URLs pointing to project resources that have a
new location so they can get a redirect. Thanks.

> > There weren't many pages under https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/
> > but there are a lot of references to that page. So it now simply
> > contains the text "The elfutils project page moved to
> > https://sourceware.org/elfutils."; So people can easily find the
> > new home. The same is true for two other pages that were frequently
> > referenced:
> > https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/wiki/ElflintGNU
> > https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/wiki/DwarfExtensions
> > There is still some old Roadmap pages that haven't been migrated.
> > (But they are years out of date, and need to be rewritten if we
> > add them at our new home.)
> >
> > - It would be good if these pages were kept, or were redirected to
> >   the new location for some time.
>
> We can redirect whatever you like... just file a ticket on which things
> you want redirected.

OK. All pages with relevant content (in the wiki) have now also been
migrated. Ticket with redirect requests:
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/5672

Thanks,

Mark