elfutils says thanks and goodbye fedorahosted

[Apologies for the duplicate. But apparently the mailinglist doesn't
 accept any messages unless you subscribe first. So here it is again.]

Dear Fedora Infrastructure Team,

Thanks for the many years of hosting the elfutils project.
We didn't have any complaints and are grateful for the services
provided. But given the sunset of fedorahosted next year we decided
to move. Sourceware has offered us hosting and http://elfutils.org/
now points to https://sourceware.org/elfutils/

The FAS Elf Utils Group (gitelfutils) only has Roland, Frank
and me as members now. This is only needed for any final cleanups.
But can be removed soon once everything is properly archived.
Old committers will apply for accounts on sourceware.

The git repository at https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/elfutils.git
has been moved to https://sourceware.org/git/?p=elfutils.git
No new commits will go into the fedorahosted one. The last one was
for the 0.168 release earlier this week. It would be good if this
repository was kept around for some time so people that are still
using it see the last few commits (which announce the move).

- Is there is a proper way to mark the git repository as "closed"
  and redirect users to the new location?

We are in the process of moving all subscribers and old messages
of the elfutils-devel mailinglist from
https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/listinfo/elfutils-devel
to https://sourceware.org/elfutils-devel/
Once that is done we will sent one last "this list is now closed,
moved to sourceware" message and unsubscribe everybody.
It would be appreciated if the old archives were kept around since
there are references to various messages on the list.

- Again, is there is a proper way to indicate the list is "read-only"
  and people are directed to the new location?

We didn't use the trac ticketing system. All bugs were filed under
the fedora elfutils project in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
This wasn't ideal, because it mixed upstream and fedora bugs.
But we now have a new dedicated bugzilla component for elfutils on
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/
Any clear upsteam, non-fedora, elfutils bugs will be moved there
(by hand). We don't believe any other actions is necessary for those
bugs.

There weren't many pages under https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/
but there are a lot of references to that page. So it now simply
contains the text "The elfutils project page moved to
https://sourceware.org/elfutils."; So people can easily find the
new home. The same is true for two other pages that were frequently
referenced:
https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/wiki/ElflintGNU
https://fedorahosted.org/elfutils/wiki/DwarfExtensions
There is still some old Roadmap pages that haven't been migrated.
(But they are years out of date, and need to be rewritten if we
add them at our new home.)

- It would be good if these pages were kept, or were redirected to
  the new location for some time.

All releases at http://fedorahosted.org/releases/e/l/elfutils/
have been copied to ftp://sourceware.org/pub/elfutils/
also accessible through https://sourceware.org/elfutils/ftp/
The last 0.168 release has been added to the old release location
but no new releases will be uploaded to fedorahosted.

We are keeping the irc.freenode.net channel #elfutils the same.

I believe these are all the resources we used from fedorahosted
and that we have suitable replacements on sourceware now.

Please let us know how we can make the move more convenient for
you and our users.

Many thanks,

Mark