Dreams and Plans and Ideas for 2017

Greetings and happy new year to everyone.

I'd like to divide this email up into 2 parts:

Firstly, what all do we want to get done in the next 2 months?
The end of Feb is the end of the Red Hat Fiscal year and many of us
have goals tied to that timeframe. :)

For myself:

* Finish migrating things off fedorahosted so we can retire it at the
  end of Feb. I need to make a survey of how many things are left, etc.

* Get mirrorlist containers all deployed and running (With a bunch of
  help from Patrick). We have it working in staging, just need to get
  things setup to build using OSBS and deploy in production. This
  should allow us to avoid outages even more from mirrorlists service.

* Get database replication setup finished in stg and hopefully setup in
  production. We still need to sort out how to get db schema upgrades
  fully working for people, but otherwise hopefully this should allow
  us much less scheduled outages. I am waiting on BDR 2.0 to be
  released (with postgresql 9.6 support, so this might slip out some).

* Get s390 merged into the main/primary koji. This is waiting on
  firewall/networking changes.

What things are others trying to get done? I know there was a plan for
fas3, I know Ricky is working on modernpaste replacing sticky-notes,
what else is on the short term timeline?

Secondly, there's the rest of the year. It's not too early to dream
about what we want to try and get done in the coming year. :)

For myself:

* I'd like to try and move askbot to current upstream code. This likely
  will require us to try and move it to python3 and django1.8. I am
  pretty sure this will require some python savvy coding action. :)

* I'd love to try and do a FAD sometime this coming year if we can
  identify something that we could tackle and solve/complete over a few
  days.

* I'd like to do some more apprentice work days to get apprentices more
  involved. We should try and brainstorm some things we could do on
  such work days.

* I'm sure to think of more things as time goes on. ;)

What does everyone else have on their radar?

kevin