Re: CSI variarables added to blockerbugs

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 20:44:03 +0300
Dmitry Saunin <saunind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> Could anybody tell me, why after my patch was approved, there is
> still no csi variables information in
> ansible/inventory/group_vars/blockerbugs file?

Well, normally I (or whoever approved it) would apply your patch and
push it out. However, right now our infrastructure is "frozen" before
the Fedora 25 release. What this means is that we try and not make any
changes to hosts that are marked frozen (needed in some way for the
release) unless it's urgent.

Now, granted, it's hard to see how updating CSI variables (which just
populates the /etc/motd file) could cause a machine to break, but we
error on the side of caution here and just don't make any changes
unless they are really needed.

Thats a long winded way of saying: Your patch can be applied after
Fedora 25 is released. :)

> And one more question, what is the difference between blockerbugs and
> blockerbugs-stg files?

We have a 'staging' setup with copies of many/most machines in it. We
use this to test updates/changes before we apply them in production. So
the 'stg' files are the staging versions of that host/group/service.

Hope that helps,

> Thanks

kevin