Re: Ask Fedora: unconfigure or completely patch out "Closed: question is answered"

> On 20 October 2016 at 13:27, Josh Boyer <jwboyer(a)fedoraproject.org&gt; wrote:
>
> I agree. I think the issue is that stack exchange is seen as yet
> another github with all the closed source community outrage
> surrounding it. I have no emotional energy to deal with that
> poop-storm.
>
> On a side note, for clarity of people reading this later on.  Neither
> bugzilla or fedora forums are 'owned' by Fedora in any form. I say
> this just as a clarification that people ask us in Infrastructure to
> fix them and we can't.

That isn't actually bad though.  Some kind of "federated" (very loosely used) services that we point people to but don't actively run allows contributors to contribute and doesn't leave you guys on the hook for maintenance when they eventually get bored.  Think of it as a proving ground for a service before Fedora Infra actually signs up to support.

That's a broader discussion though, and not one to be discussed or solved in this thread.

josh