Re: Why is RedHat using Piwik to track contributors?

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:02:22 -0000
"Jean-Baptiste Holcroft" <jean-baptiste@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I notice this piwik instance is used on Zanata :
> https://engstats.redhat.com/piwik/piwik.js
>
> I do not understand the aim of this, if gather a few user statistics
> on public website is fine to me (we need to mesure the impact of
> widespread communication), I am not confortable by using it on
> contributor tools.
>
> Redhat already have a lot of tracking of public activity of what we
> do (it's open and we use the same login everywhere), why would you
> like to go deeper in who we are ?
>
> Is it an exception to be fixed or something you do on other
> contributors tools ?
>
> Thanks for your help,

Well, we don't run fedora.zanata.org. The zanata folks do.

So, I guess I'd suggest sending your question to one of the zanata
mailing lists: http://zanata.org/mailing-lists/ or filing an issue at:
http://zanata.org/issues/

kevin