mirror lists plan

Greetings.

We currently have 3 lists associated with mirrors. 2 of them are still
located at redhat.com and we want to move them over to our
infrastructure.

mirror-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This list is open to all (but only allows posting to subscribers, I
moderate it and adrianr also does). This is usually the list we have
people with questions or issues post to to get help mirroring.

mirror-list-announce@xxxxxxxxxx

This list was for announcing new releases and sizes for mirrors so they
would know to sync up and how large our next release was and to expect
more traffic. It was setup back in the Fedora Core days so it was
restricted to only approved mirror admins (because it would get notice
of releases before they were public).

mirror-list-d@xxxxxxxxxx

This was another Fedora Core days list thats restricted to list admins
to discuss space issues or mirroring problems or whatever.

So, I propose we do this:

* Make a new mirror-announce list.
* Mass invite mirror-list-announce@xxxxxxxxxx people to it.
* Make it open to all, but moderated
* Mass invite mirror-list-d@xxxxxxxxxxx subscribers to mirror-admins
  list.
* Mail redhat.com lists and close them to new posts.

Then, moving forward we send announcements about upcoming releases to
mirror-announce and important changes (like archiving a release or a
new mirroring tool or whatever).

Thoughts? Other ideas?

kevin