Re: Proposal to mirror Docker images

On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 17:24:50 +0200
Adrian Reber <adrian@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This already happens for EPEL:
>
> $ curl -s
> "https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-7&arch=x86_64&ip=52.3.178.0";
> | head -2 # repo = epel-7 arch = x86_64 Using preferred netblock
> Using Internet2 country = US country = CA
> http://s3-mirror-us-east-1.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/
>
> We are currently syncing EPEL to the following S3 regions:
>
> s3-mirror-us-east-1 s3-mirror-us-west-1 s3-mirror-us-west-2
> s3-mirror-eu-west-1 s3-mirror-ap-northeast-1
>
> So, it sounds doable for an additional target (like docker images).

Note that we used to do this for Fedora releases as well, but upon
looking they were really almost never used, so we stopped doing them.
(That was before I think we had much of an official cloud image tho, so
perhaps we could revisit).

If we do setup this for docker images, we should make sure and monitor
it and see that it's used/worthwhile. Or see first and add if it seems
like it would be worthwhile.

kevin