Re: Coming to you this summer

On Thu, 2 Jun 2016 17:45:11 -0400
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 05:26:01PM -0400, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > We have a number of milestones due by the end of the summer (flock
> > for some, end of august for the others), I thought it would be nice
> > to try to list and present them.

A great idea. ;)

Some of these we might want to also figure out some smaller milestones
so we are sure they are progressing ok too.

> > There are four apps that are mainly concerned: Pagure, FAS,
> > python-fedora and fedora-hubs.
> >
> > * Pagure
> >
> > There are three main goals for pagure for this summer:
> >   - Support for private git repos (Farhaan Bukhsh)
> >   - Pagure/Jenkins integration (Farhaan Bukhsh)
> >   - Adjust pagure and crons to have pagure run at pkgs.fp.o (Vivek
> > Anand)
> >
> > The deadline for these is the end of august (the end of GSoC)

We so luckily have stg for both those, so we should be able to test
and see progress in stg too as soon as we get closer.

> > * FAS
> >
> > The main goal for FAS is: getting FAS3 running in stg, before flock.
> > This is going to be a team effort from: Xavier, Patrick, Szymon and
> > I.

Sounds good.

> > * python-fedora
> >
> > As above, the main idea here is to get it adjusted for FAS3 before
> > flock so that eventually at flock we can do a small hackfest on
> > porting apps to FAS3.
> >
> > Regarding FAS3 and python-fedora, the idea is to get FAS3 running
> > in stg asap, next to FAS2, finish/polish things around
> > python-fedora and when that is done, break stg by removing FAS2 and
> > then work on every apps using FAS2 to port them to FAS3.
> > The day we push FAS3 and the day we drop FAS2 will of course be
> > announced so we can start testing FAS3 and then fixing the apps.

Sounds good.

> > * Fedora-Hubs
> >
> > The basic idea for hubs is to get a demo running in time for flock.
> > This will also be a team effort together with: devyani7 (GSoC),
> > Szymon (RH Intern), Eric (RH Intern), Radhika (RH Intern), Máirín,
> > Ryan and I.
>
> Another one I forgot to include here:
>
> * Ipsilon
>
> Before flock we should have a new Ipsilon release supporting
> OpenID-Connect. This is required for quite a few use-case:
>   - Support token-based authentication in API
>   - Support token-based authentication cross-app
>     -> which is required in hubs to do things like: Add a meeting to
> a calendar, Adjust some FMN settings...
>   - Improve on user/groups info returned
>     -> which is required:
>       - In hubs to know who can admin which hub (since 1 group == 1
> hub)
>       - In FMN to know who can create/edit the notification profile
> of a group that will then be presented on that group/hubs' feed widget

And I am sure lots of other places too once we start thinking about
them. ;)

kevin