Meeting agenda item: Introduction to Jon M

This is my hello world to all of you..

Hi!, I am offdutypirate on both IRC and FAS.

I’ve been lurking around the mailing list and on IRC for some time now and think it is as good a time as any to start getting more involved.  I am a sysadmin by day working with mostly Red Hat and some legacy SLES systems and the occasional Windows server for a financial services company.  I’ve been using some flavor of Linux since around ’99 personally and since 2008 professionally (well, getting paid for it, at least.)

I am in no way a developer by have managed to write quite a few bad scripts over the years with bash, python, ruby, and a few other bad choices.  I’ve always looked for ways to give back to the community with the skills I do have, and this seems like a great place to do that.

For now I’ll keep lurking around and when I see something I could help with I’ll try and jump in.

Thanks for all the hard work, and I look forward to helping out.

Jon M