Re: Freeze Break Request: Clean up iptables on all boxes.

On 18 March 2016 at 17:09, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And we have a lot of small fixes whcih.
>
> Why wouldn't a cleanup wait until post freeze? If they've been a mess
> for this long why possibly impact in a freeze, especially on a Friday
> night when people aren't around to test? Oh, and there's no details.

You are correct.

1) The change is to allow for hosts to be blocked via the ansible
playbook using a jinja template versus adding a version per system.
2) The change was tested and deployed on download servers to try and
get our rsync usable from some bad hosts.
3) Kevin asked me to put the change into all the templates before I forgot.
4) The change only comes into place if you have a variable defined
which is only in 1 playbook.

> -1

Stephen J Smoogen.