Re: Freeze break: link on pkgs lookaside for fedpkg namespace changes

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:50:02 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 09:33:20AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > In recent fedpkg/rpkg versions (at least the ones in rawhide now)
> > it's incorrectly looking for a namespaced (rpms vs anything else)
> > lookaside instead of the non namespaced one we have.
>
> AFAIK we haven't pushed changes to fedpkg/rpkg related to the
> namespacing, so it might be something that changed in the repo making
> the old code behaving inconsistently.

well, pyrpkg is updated in rawhide. ;)

* Mon Mar 14 2016 Lubomír Sedlář <lubomir.sedlar@xxxxxxxxx> - 1.41-2
- Depend on python-osbs directly to avoid python3

* Mon Mar 14 2016 Lubomír Sedlář <lubomir.sedlar@xxxxxxxxx> - 1.41-1
- Update upstream URL (lsedlar)
- Fixes based on lsedlar's feedback (maxamillion)
- add distgit namespacing for non-rpm content (docker, xdg-app, etc)
  (maxamillion)
- Container-build: dont't allow to build with unpushed changes (araszka)
- Suggest --dist option when can't get OS ver from branch (araszka)
- fix: print all tags without filter (araszka)
- Fix lookaside upload when --path is specified (araszka)
- Lookaside: encoding repo name to UTF-8 (araszka)
- Fix errors on Python 2.6 (lsedlar)
- Add test and docstring to byte offset convertor (araszka)
- Decode .spec file with UTF-8 (araszka)
- 1271741 - add copr command (Recommends: copr-cli) (msuchy)
- Suggest --target option when unknown target (araszka)

I think this is the proposed fix:
https://pagure.io/rpkg/pull-request/38

> What is the git remote URL for this repo?

        url = ssh://kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/rpms/midori

I did it from a fresh 'fedpkg clone'

> I suspect that's what fedpkg/rpkg are using and therefore the source
> of the problem.

Perhaps.

> +1 for me, we should get the situation fixed anyway (+ if my
> intuition is correct we'll have a chicken-egg problem between this
> and the package with ++ in their names).

Yeah, we will need to fix the packages that have mistakenly uploaded to
rpms/ in any case. ;)

kevin