Re: Additional account with read DB access

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 01:12:13PM +0100, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Hmm, There's the issue of people's email addresses, it could become a gold
> mine for spammers.
> The export could replace those with the UUID that Mailman generates for
> each user though, but that won't work for the email that was imported from
> Mailman2 (unless the sender sent a mail though Mailman3 later).

Could we generate UUIDs for the imported mail? That would be incredibly
valuable in my analysis _anyway_.

> My understanding is that Matt wants to do this analysis periodically to get
> usage statistics and tendencies.

Yes, although I can start from a one-time historical snapshot if that's
an immediate early delivery.

My goals are: 1) show patterns of discussion and how we're doing on new
contributor gain and retention 2) demonstrate how hyperkitty helps with
that, so I can help justify continuing to invest it in.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>