Re: Support levels and RFR adjustments

Dne 22.1.2016 v 22:33 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
> fedoraproject.org - Anything with this domain is something that has
> passed though our RFR process and we support fully. This means we
> update status, we alert on them anytime they have issues, we work on
> them anytime they are down, etc.
>
> fedorainfracloud.org - This comes with a lesser level of support,
> simply because our cloud doesn't have any kind of HA setup, so
> it will be down when doing maint or when there's problems. Services in
> this domain may be down when there is scheduled cloud maint. We
> monitor, but don't page off hours, we may work on issues only during
> business hours, etc. Services here may not have passed through our RFR
> process (perhaps we should have a parallel cloud process)

I personally do not like fedorainfracloud.org. It is fine for hostnames of machines in cloud. I would rather see some
subdomain under fedoraproject.org - e.g. .devel.fedoraproject.org or .playground.fedoraproject.org or something similar.

I personally dislike the change of copr.fedoraproject.org to copr.fedorainfracloud.org. We have been usin this name for
past two years and it is referenced a lot (35k by Google):
  https://www.google.com/search?lr=&hl=cs&q=%22copr.fedoraproject.org%22&oq=copr.fedoraproject.org%22
This is not pure technical decision but marketing decision as well.
A lot of people are treating it as integral part of Fedora. So instead of changing hostname I would rather start RFR
process.

I think that some icon at the top or link at the bottom of page, which will clearly state the level of support will do
the same from technical POV, but will be better solution from marketing POV.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA