Re: State of python3 in our infrastructure

On 12/02/2015 08:05 AM, Toshio くらとみ wrote:
[snip]
Do it when a RHEL releases with python3:
* sysadmins will have to manage both RHEL7 and RHEL8 web servers for py2 and py3.
* Concentrated work for developers to get applications ported as we'll want to migrate to rhel8 and python2 web apps will be holding us back.
* Packagers will have to branch (and sometimes maintain) needed packages from Fedora to EPEL.

RHEL currently provides python3 via SCL. Is this insufficient for infrastructure's needs?

[snip]

--
Brendan Conoboy / RHEL Development Coordinator / Red Hat, Inc.