Re: Support levels, Support expectations, RFRs and such

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 10:50:10AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I don't want to suggest yet any solution to this beyond adjusting our
> RFR process, but I will start the discussion with some questions:
>
> * In the past we pretty much had a binary support status: supported or
>   not supported. We kind of added a middle area with jenkins:
>   supported, but you shouldn't depend on it, we will fix it when we
>   like. Should we have different support levels? How can we set users
>   expectation for what level the thing they care about is in?

I don't want to offer an opinion on this as I'm not super familiar with
the process.

> * Should there be some requirements/expectations for a thing having a
>   fedoraproject.org dns entry? ie, there have been people who have
>   approched us for that for applications that they run, etc. How can we
>   explain to users when something like that is down who to contact?

Maybe an SOP that just lists contacts for the applications? Link to it
somewhere(s) on the wiki?

> * What level of support should we say cloud instances have?

At least log in, maybe image testing, i know we periodically
delete/clean up the temporary projects. I feel like if you are saavy
enough to run an Openstack instance, you probably can read docs and
have a general idea of whats going on.

> * Adding some new service/application to an existing application,
>   should that follow the entire RFR process? or not since its just
>   adding to an existing application?

Again, not enough experience to have an opinion.

> Any other thoughts or questions around this? I look forward to hearing
> from folks. ;)
>
> kevin

Thanks for sending this out. I didn't see other responses and wanted to
keep it in front of everyone.

Regards,
Zach
#aikidouke