Migration to HyperKitty / Mailman 3

Hi people!

Since it's Friday evening, I just unilateraly decided to migrate all
the lists to Mailman3 without telling you anything in advance... Nah
just kidding :-)

However, I think the best time to migrate the rest of the lists would
be the week before Thanksgiving. That would give me some time with you
all around to fix the most urgent problems, and time for me during a
week with less activity in the US to fix the lower priority ones.

Some lists are still using the two features that are not yet ported,
namely the filters and the topics. Those lists would stay on the
current server for now, but migrating the rest would still be an
improvement. This would mean migration would start on November 16th.
What do you think?

I'm also trying to write an announcement for the lists (like
devel-announce), but I'm looking for a native english speaker to help
me with that. It would be something like :

shiny web UI: HyperKitty.

The Fedora project lists will be migrated starting November 16th. You
on't have to use the new UI to keep participating in the
mailing-lists, but the change to Mailman 3 may cause issues with the
way you filter your email. Here are a few things you should expect
after this change, especially if you're using procmail for filtering:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailman3_Migration. But it should mostly
work as before.
A link to HyperKitty will be included in the email footers when your
list is migrated.
Some lists which use Mailman 2.1's advanced filtering capabilities (by
header or by topic) will remain on the current version until these
features are ported to Mailman 3.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask on the infrastructure
list: infrastructure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.