Re: Wiki change - Infra-apprentice

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 09:39:11PM +0200, Brian ORegan wrote:

> Thanks Zach,
> I had planned to add this but I started to come across a number of machines I couldn't access

Cheers - sorry for jumping ahead.

> An example is taskotron-dev01.qa.fedoraproject.org I wanted to confirm with Kevin first
> before posting it so the list was complete.
>
> ping taskotron-dev01.qa.fedoraproject.org
> ping: cannot resolve taskotron-dev01.qa.fedoraproject.org: Unknown host

I tried to ping taskotron from my host and it failed to, however, I can
ssh into it from here. To ping taskotron, I ssh'd into bastion01. From
there, I can dig taskotron and ping it normally.

I'd bet there's a switch for ping that would allow you to do this
without the extra step of logging into bastion, if not you can always
run "ssh username@bastion01.yadda. ping -c 1 taskotron.yadda." as one
command.

If you can't ssh into taskotron, check that your ssh config file looks
like the one in the infra ssh sop.

> I've just joined the group myself so not sure if this is by design or.

Me neither. :)

-Zach