Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Brian O'Regan

Hello World!

IRC handle: puffi
Fedora Account name: puffi

I'm Brian O'Regan. I'm based in Ireland and I'm on UTC Dublin,Edinburgh,Lisbon,London.

I've been working in support/sysadmin roles for close to 15 years.
I'm looking to contribute aprox 4-5 hours a week to begin with
as I feel it's amount I can maintain.

Working with FOSS since the late 90's with RH 5.2 and not having ever contrubited much before.
I felt it was time to change this. I chose Fedora because it's one of the distro's that I don't know very well
so it would be an opportunity for me to learn and to give something back while doing so.

I'm starting to really enjoy looking at system performance and I'd like to learn about build systems/packaging systems
so it would be great to combine these. I'm really enjoying watching the fedora-noc team work and would love to learn more
about their virtualised enviroments and feel I could offer some hours here also I've worked for a number of years with
large scale clustred storage.

I've been monitoring the IRC channels fedora-admin and fedora-noc and really enjoying how the team work together
and feel I could learn a lot and hopefully bring something useful to it with my expierence. I would also love to join
in on the apprentice group to be able to have a look around the various infrastructure.

I'm going to continue observing how the teams works on IRC and will start to attend the weekly meetings and hopefully
get some questions answered and and get to talk with some of you.

Cheers
Brian