Re: Upcoming Mirrormanager 2 production deployment

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 07:50:02PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> Should this go to the mirror-list rather than just infrastructure?

It was actually send to one of the three mirror-lists. But you are
right, I will forward it to the other two mirror-lists.

> What units is the "Bandwidth" parameter in?

This has already been part of the old MirrroManager and is in MBit/s it
used to sort the mirrorlist. The higher your bandwidth the higher the
likelihood your mirror will be on the top of the list.

> How is "Max connections" used?

In the old MirrorManager those fields had a description. These seems to
have been lost. This is from MM1:

  Maximum parallel download connections per client, suggested via metalinks.

I will try to get those descriptions also in the new MM2, so that it is
clear what all the fields mean.

> My mirror isn't crawled because it is a private mirror, but I do run
> the check-in script after every sync.  Is there a way to test
> checking-in to the staging instance?  It says last crawled in 2013,
> and last checked in 2014-12-05.

I was successfully using: https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager2/xmlrpc

		Adrian