Re: MM2 status

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:03:20PM +0200, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 09:05:03AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:01:45 +0200
> > Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > So it seems the last update of MM2 has fixed the issue I was seeing
> > > from time to time of the application becoming unresponsive due to DB
> > > hanging.
> > >
> > > So here is the current status as far as I see it:
> > >
> > > * Mirrorlist -> In prod and apparently fine
> > > * MM2 UI -> Running in stg and seems all good to me
> > > * Crawler -> Adrian Reber has put some great work on this, afaics he
> > > seems to have fixed the biggest issues but I'll let him confirm if
> > > everything works now or not
> > >   (@Adrian, I know there are features you want to make to the crawler
> > > but let's get it working as it is for 1.0 and improve it
> > > afterward ;-))
>
> I would also say, that the crawler is ready for production. There is a
> one line change I would like to get into an upcoming release, but it is
> not really required at this point. PR will come today.
>
> > > * Pickle generation -> code wise I believe it works the question is:
> > > does it generate the same pickle as MM1
> > > ! Crons: iirc there are still a couple of crons that are not running
> > > properly and returning errors
>
> Which ones?

From this night:
----
Subject: Cron <root@mm-crawler01> /usr/bin/mm2_crawler --threads 50 > /dev/null
2>&1

/bin/sh: line 1: 18523 Killed                  /usr/bin/mm2_crawler --threads 50
> /dev/null 2>&1
----
Subject: Cron <root@mm-backend01> cd /usr/share/mirrormanager2 && /usr/bin/mm2_get_internet2_netblocks
        /var/lib/mirrormanager/internet2_netblocks.txt

gzip: /tmp/get_i2_netblocks.RS1rA07F/rib.gz: unexpected end of file
short file (empty packet) at zebra-dump-parser/zebra-dump-parser.pl line 98.

[...]

unable to retrieve netblock list.
----

These are the only two I can see right now.

> > So, that would be another, higher level test:
> >
> > Make staging scan directories for latest content.
> > Make staging make a pkl based on that.
> > Check it against the prod one
>
> I am not sure if the resulting pickles can be that easily compared as
> there have been changes all around MM2 which might return slightly
> different results which are nevertheless both valid results.

I don't think we changed the pickles themselves, for example mirrorlist barely
changed and is currently working with MM1's pickle.

Pierre