puppet to ansible migration status (2015-02-20)

Greetings.

I thought I would send out a little status on where we are with
puppet->ansible migration currently.

We are currently down to 28 machines left in puppet:

"app01.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
I think the only thing left here is the websites building stuff.
We could move that to sundries01.stg and nuke it.

"bapp02.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
This needs the mm2 deployment to finish as well as the websites
building stuff. We could move that to sundries01 now I guess, but the
rest will depend on mm2.

"backup02.fedoraproject.org"
I have been keeping this around until our backup storage in RDU2 is
live. I was hoping that to have already happened, so I might rebuild
this somewhere and make it use rdiff-backup.

"bastion-comm01.qa.fedoraproject.org"
Need to schedule a time to rebuild this with qa folks.

"bodhost01.fedoraproject.org"
"proxy07.fedoraproject.org"
This needs to be re-installed. We may be able to get an unattended ks
to work on it now that we know some of the pitfalls better.

"collab03.fedoraproject.org"
"collab04.fedoraproject.org"
"hosted-lists01.fedoraproject.org"
I was hoping for hyperkitty/mailman01/02 to be live so we wouldn't need
to migrate these, but again I am loosing hope and we might just look at
making a mailman 2 playbook and migrating them to get it done.

"darkserver01.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
Needs kushal to confirm it's all working on rhel7 and then we can
reinstall.

"db02.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
This needs the rest of the postgresql db's migrated to db01.stg and/or
dumped/restored from production. Then, it also needs new mediawiki and
paste so we can get rid of mysql. However, I fear that also will not
happen anytime soon, so I might make a db03.stg that is mariadb.

"db05.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
This was waiting for mediawiki and paste to move to postgres, but I
guess I will look at making a playbook and moving it to ansible/mariadb
before then sometime. Probibly after alpha.

"hosted03.fedoraproject.org"
"hosted04.fedoraproject.org"
I need to build out the trac stack on epel7 for this. I am thinking I
might try and do so during freeze if anyone would like to help out.
Then, we can look at moving them after freeze. They also will need
playbooks.

"internetx01.fedoraproject.org"
"proxy02.fedoraproject.org"
These need reinstall (but hosted-lists01 is also there, so it needs
migrating first).

"osuosl02.fedoraproject.org"
This has collab03 and hosted03 on it. Need to ansiblize them and move
them to osuosl03 and then we can reinstall this one.

"people03.fedoraproject.org"
Needs playbook. We could also look at migrating it somewhere else to
get it off the ibiblio servers we need to reinstall.

"releng01.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
"releng04.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
"relepel01.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
I am going to work on these today/this weekend. They need to stay rhel6
due to bodhi1, but shouldn't be too hard to bang out playbooks for
them. If I can get them in time I would love to finish them before
freeze.

"serverbeach09.fedoraproject.org"
Smooge was going to do this one soon...

"secondary01.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
This one needs a playbook. Should be pretty easy if someone would like
to whip one up.

"torrent02.fedoraproject.org"
Needs figuring our our torrent seed software and seeing if there's any
chance there's something better out there. Also needs playbook.

"virthost-comm01.qa.fedoraproject.org"
Need to migrate everything off this and retire it. Should be able to do
so soon as we have virthost-comm04 up and ready. Might try and work on
these during freeze as well.

"ibiblio02.fedoraproject.org"
"ibiblio03.fedoraproject.org"
These need reinstall and it's going to be a bit tricky as the reinstall
from 6->7 needs a full wipe. We should hopefully be able to migrate
things around to 04 enough to do this as well as moving things we don't
need.

"lockbox01.phx2.fedoraproject.org"
This will be the last machine to leave the building. ;)

So, I am hoping to work on legwork during freeze and push again after
freeze to get more done. Ideally we could get this done before Beta
freeze if all the stars align. ;)

kevin