Re: Updated usage needed for process-git-requests script

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:29:48 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 01:37:58PM +0530, Parag Nemade wrote:
> > Dear sysadmin-cvs group,
> >     I have seen after discussing with few members of sysadmin-cvs
> > group that they found script process-git-requests[1] is not working
> > for them and believe only limb knows how to run it. I see this is
> > not good. We should have then new way of using process-git-requests
> > documented somewhere. I am not sure if the new way of usage is
> > updated here[2]. We already have less people working for this group
> > and I guess except limb no one gets success with that script.
> > Please update somewhere the usage so that when we need, other
> > members can help needed people with their branch requests.
> > [1]
> > https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/fedora-infrastructure.git/plain/scripts/process-git-requests/process-git-requests

This is the wrong location. We should delete it from there.

Its moved to:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/tree/scripts/process-git-requests/process-git-requests

The one in infrastructure was only there because it used to be in
puppet and we wanted a public place to mirror it.

> > [2] https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/scmadmin.txt
>
> Having work with this script a little lately, I would be happy to try
> to help if I can be provided with some sort of backtrace.

I just ran the queue with it and it worked fine for me.
Happy to help out anyone else who cant get it working.

> Also, please note that this script should disappear in the coming
> month in favor of pkgdb-admin (part of packagedb-cli) with the new
> package and branch requests moved from bugzilla to pkgdb (see [1])

Right.

kevin