Ask Fedora status update

Hi

(cc'ing Ankur since he has expressed interest in helping with the admin tasks)

* Form for local login is still shown in the login page even though this is disabled. This continues to cause confusion among new users and the fix is upstream

We need to pull this in as a hotfix and test it.

* FAS openid doesn't seem to be working for some people. I am unsure of the current status

*  Cron job for sending reminders to accept an answer

We have enabled this feature but it is essentially non-functional without the cron job running

*  Enabling Ask Fedora to send emails async

Celery was an option but there seems to be some amount of concern with the additional complexity. Upstream is of the opinion that celery isn't that much of an overhead

http://askbot.org/en/question/10531/simpler-alternative-to-celery/

I looked out for options and the one that is actively maintained is django post office

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-post_office

It isn't packaged yet but requires no code changes and very simple configuration. If someone has the time, please test this in staging. I will do the packaging once it is confirmed that it serves our purpose.

Older pending tasks

* Fedora theme

Related:

* Making optional fields in FAS more obvious

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2013-March/012651.html

Rahul