Re: tools for building cloud images in the buildsystem

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:48:18AM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> Why don't  we spin up a persistent euca instance, give you some disk
> space and a cron job. You can just run ami-creator w/a sensible
> kickstart...
> Trivial and disposable.

That would be fine, as long as we can be very sure about the access control
and chain of identity assurance.

I don't know the existing internal systems for this, but it'd be great to
have auditable assurance that images which appear on the mirrors were built
in a known-clean environment against the official repositories from a
certain kickstart file in git.

For the purposes of Rawhide nightlies (pushed to alt.fedoraproject.org?),
I'm perfectly fine with trusting me to do the right thing. :) For the alpha,
beta, and final builds, as well as possible mid-release image updates, I'd
like access to go through some control system, whatever that might be.

--
Matthew Miller  ☁☁☁  Fedora Cloud Architect  ☁☁☁  <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>