Re: Jenkins in the Fedora infrastructure

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012, Garrett Holmstrom wrote:

Jenkins has an EC2 plugin that works with Eucalyptus (or at least version 1.14 does; I haven't tested anything newer at $dayjob). You add entries to the master's config that point it toward the right images in the cloud, label those config entries, and add matching labels to your Jenkins jobs. Then when it goes to run a job it automatically spins up new instances with the right labels if there are no open slots. It will also kill off instances that have been idle for a while.

I think I'd rather keep us cloud-neutral for a while. That's where the ansible playbooks come in. All ansible expects is an instance started with an ssh key on it that it can use. That's pretty neutral ime.

-sv