Re: announcing repository updates over Fedora Message Bus

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 11:38:50AM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:30:15AM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> > "branched" and "rawhide" are another story.  We'd need to add
> > "fedmsg-logger" statements to some of the scripts in
> > http://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/tree/scripts, but I'm not sure
> > where yet.
>
> Just an update:
>
> I talked with dgilmore about this today and he'd like to wait until a
> "composedb" app is written so we can have all the fedmsg statements in
> a nice, centralized place (not strewn out across all the releng
> scripts).

How far along is the composedb? Considering the patch to enable fedmsg
for rawhide/branched mashes is a few trivial 1-liners[0], it seems like
a quick win to just apply/deploy them. The transition to the composedb
will be transparent to the message consumers, as the topics won't
change.

Ralph currently doesn't have privs to commit/test them, but I'd be happy
to help.

luke

[0]: http://threebean.org/patches/0001-Add-fedmsg-logger-statements-to-compose-scripts.patch