Re: Freeze break for post-update hook on pkgs01?

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:01:34 -0500
"Jason L Tibbitts III" <tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> KF> Yeah, we are in pre-alpha freeze.  See:
> KF> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/browser/architecture/Environments.png
> KF> pkgs01 (where this change would need to happen) is under the
> KF> freeze.
>
> But that's precisely my confusion.  If we can't change a repository
> git hook without a freeze break, then should we also not be
> processing SCM requests?  If someone asked me to delete a branch from
> a repository or make some other SCM-admin-related change (which
> admittedly happens rather rarely), is that also a freeze break?

Freeze breaks are required to run things or make changes to existing
processes. The "normal" activities of a frozen host requires no freeze
break request.

So, doing scm requests - fine.
deleting a branch from a single project - fine.

Changing the hooks for all projects - needs a freeze break.
Changing config for the host thats in puppet - needs a freeze break.
Migrating all git repos to darcs - needs a sanity check^W^Wfreeze
break.

Does that help?

kevin