Re: cgit testing

On Mon, 9 Jul 2012, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 05:09:15PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

It could be tweaked more for sure, but it seems to work and is
reasonably zippy.

Sounds like a winner then ;-)

OTOH, if it lets us get gitweb-caching off sooner to have cgit stood up on
the hosts ASAP, then +1 :-)

Some things to look at before announcing/making live/retiring
gitweb-caching:

- Do we want to ask the design/websites folks for a custom css thats
  more "fedora-ey" ?

- How much do we want to try and set redirects to replace
  gitweb-caching?

I wouldn't block on either of these.  I think that the css could be done
after the fact.  redirects I think we've determined are nice to have but
if links in mailing list archives break, we're prepared to accept that.

I concur with Toshio on all counts.

turn it on - and let's see about nuking gitweb with fire.

-sv