Re: GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted, looking for mentors

yes indeed, rubio from frameos has already done it (ruby19) and the  lot of us (from chef, and RoR community atleast) have tested it out. Any chance we can reuse those specs in?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:18:32 +0530
ranjib dey <dey.ranjib@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not only mod passenger, gitlabhq codebase is uses ruby 1.9. features,
> so we'll need to package ruby 1.9 also. Also we need to test it
> against existing gitolite rpm

That would require a parallel install-able ruby in epel.
(see the python26 in epel5 for precedence)

So, it's possible, but its going to be a lot of work. ;)

kevin