Introduction

Greetings to everyone!

My name's Danny and I wanted to introduce myself and offer my help with the Fedora Infrastructure group. I just finished a grad-level course last semester on Linux administration (CentOS 6) and will be studying soon for RHCSA. I've been casually learning Linux for a few years now. My experience is limited to simple shell scripts and basic administration tasks but I'm a fast learner and really excited about helping out and expanding my skill-set.

I finally took the plunge and switched my laptop over to Fedora 16, which I use for all of my daily computing needs. To me it's much more than just a hobby because I have strong convictions about the open source software movement and I see the importance that the internet plays vis a vis social media and political awakenings just this last year. That's not to mention I have so many long-standing interests that intersect here (writing, web design & digital art, security, programming, music production, increasing the utilization of computers for treatment of PTSD and other forms of mental illness.) I'm also a therapist, by the way.

     I'm very much interested in:
--learning Perl, Python or any other languages that could be put to use; (my)SQL;
--system administration;
--troubleshooting;
--writing content;

    What I've learned so far:
I may not remember every bit of it but last semester I covered a wide range of essential system administration tasks such as service management, securing systems, setting up web, ftp, ntp, nfs and other servers, mySQL, basic Bash and Perl scripting, basic Java, C programming, backups, troubleshooting and many other things.

Thanks and I very much look forward to developing a working relationship with all of you and the many things I will undoubtedly learn from doing so. Please let me know where I can begin in becoming a productive member of the team.

Danny Ashcom (irc: dashcom)